To help employees develop new skills and bring new ideas into the institution, employee attendance at external training is a must. Attaining degrees and university attendance also enhance the knowledge and capabilities of the staff while broadening their experience with diverse people and ideas.
External training is training provided from outside the institution for staff using external consultants, specialists or organizations. There are many different types and these include:
- external courses
- online learning
- conferences, seminars or workshops
The specific objectives of External Training include;
- To increase the concentration and commitment to the training.
- To provide a more distraction-free environment for staff.
- To allow staff to interact with others in similar institutions and to gain knowledge and ideas from them.
- To help build formal relationships whilst mixing with people from other institutions.
Stats SL staff are undergoing external Training programmes which covers their Hard and soft skills needs.