This section is responsible for the compilation of statistics on social indicators and coordinates/collaborates with relevant Ministries, Department and Agencies (MDAs) in monitoring the implementation of development frameworks which include the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The section comprises of six units: Gender Statistics Unit, Crime and Justice Statistics Unit, Energy Statistics Unit, Basic and Secondary Education Statistics Unit, Tertiary Education Statistics Unit and Sport Statistics Unit.
The following are the staff with their respective responsibilities:
- Mr. Hassan Sankoh, MSc – Principal Statistician and Section Head
- Mrs. Mahawa Kondeh, MSc – Head of Gender Statistics;
- Mrs. Juliet Sia Nyalloma, MSc – Head of Crime and Justice Statistics;
- Mr. Abu Bakarr Kamanda-Bongay, MSc – Head of Energy Statistics;
- Mr. Ibrahim S. Kamara, MSc – Head of Tertiary Education Statistics;
- Mr. Sahid Kamara, MSc – Head of Basic and Senior Secondary Education Statistics;
- Sport Statistics; and
- Mrs. Miniratu O. Pratt, BSc – Assistant Statisticians.
The head of the section reports directly to the Director. He is responsible for the technical supervision of the section and ensures that data collected are credible and relevant for use by our clients. He and team prepare proposals and protocols for the conduct of activities within the section. The section head represents the institution in all external matters that deals with social statistics.