Sierra Leone Multi Indicator Cluster Survey Round 6 (MICS6) – Dataset
Ten data files were produced and have been converted from SPSS file format to Microsoft Excel format, corresponding to the units of analysis:
- Households - hh.xlsx
- Household members - hl.xlsx
- Mosquito nets in households - tn.xlsx
- Women in reproductive age (15-49 years of age) – wm.xlsx
- Birth history - bh.xlsx
- Maternal and newborn health and post-natal health checks (live births in the last 3 years) - pn.xlsx
- Female genital mutilation/cutting - fg.xlsx
- Mothers or primary caretakers of children under five – ch.xlsx
- Mothers or primary caretakers of children age 5-17 – fs.xlsx
- Men (15-49 years of age) – mn.xlsx
The characteristics of the data such as sample size, weights, variable labels and information on recoded or imputed variables can be found within the survey archive which will be made available shortly on https://mics.unicef.org/surveys
The survey archive will also contain the questionnaires and information on the sampling and implementation of the survey.
Survey datasets are distributed at no cost for legitimate research, with the condition that we receive a description of the objectives of any research project that will be using the data prior to authorizing their distribution.
Copies of all reports and publications based on the requested data must be sent to the
1) Statistics Sierra Leone
2) UNICEF Sierra Leone - Country Office
See also Video on current status of women and children in Sierra Leone based on the Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey Round 6 implemented in 2017.