National Strategy for the Development of Statistics (NSDS) NSSD
Statistics Leone, together with MDAs and support from the World Bank, developed the first National Strategy for the Development of Statistics (2008–2012) to enhance the effective coordination of statistical activities. The second strategy developed and launched in 2016 to cover the period (2016–2020) just witnessed a mid-term review in preparation for the third series-NSDS 111.
The review was a highly participatory stakeholder process based on a clear understanding, appreciation and objectives of the NSDS 11 framework and articulated recommendations for Government and development partners.
The National Strategy for the Development of Statistics provides the road map for the effective functioning of the National Statistical Systems and puts in place an effective coordination mechanism within the institution for the production, analysis, and dissemination of official statistics in the country.
- Message from the Chairman of Council, Statistics Sierra Leone
- NSDS 2016-2020 Executive Summary
- NSDS 2016-2020 Full Document
- NSDS 2016-2020 Pillar I - Governance
- NSDS 2016-2020 Pillar II - Economic Statistics
- NSDS 2016-2020 Pillar III - Demographic and Social Statistics
- NSDS 2016-2020 Pillar IV - GIS and Spatial Statistics
- NSDS 2016-2020 Pillar V - Data Processing and ICT
- NSDS 2016-2020 Pillar VI - Training, Capacity Building & Research
Monitoring and Evaluation of the NSDS