The Operations Division seeks to attend to the day to day running of Statistics Sierra Leone for efficiency in service delivery. The division provides logistical, project management and overall operational support to Statistics Sierra Leone. The Division provides the building blocks for efficient and prudent management of the overall operations of Stat SL. It strives to create value addition and add gloss to Stats SL operations. Fundamentally, the Division work to maintain the highest standards of excellence in designing and management of services and processes as well as evaluating and allocating resources to effectively deliver services in meeting clientele expectation.
There are three sections under the Operations Division.
- Field Operations, Logistics & Project Management Support: This section is responsible for the design and implementation of strategies to drive the field operations of projects implemented by Stat SL. The overriding objective of project management support is to provide Quality Management Framework to manage Stats SL Projects by ensuring value for money and quality output and delivery. Contracts and Budgetinging which form a core aspect of Stats SL’s partner engagements is subsumed under this section. Before formalizing relationships with partners, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is put together for both parties to sign up which practically formalizes the relationship.
- Districts/Regional Operations: Districts/Regional operations give more visibility to Stats SL’s mandate and activities in the provinces by fully collaborating with all relevant stakeholders including local councils, NGOs and other users of data not excluding universities, colleges and schools.
- Transport & Stores Section: This section covers all aspect of the organization’s stores and transport activities ranging from vehicle and fleet management, repairs and maintenance and due diligence in overall stores operations.
Brief Description of Sections of the Directorate
- Field Operations, Logistics & Project Management Support
This section is headed by a Principal Statistician who works directly under the Director of Operations to ensure that Field Operations and Logistics and project management support needs are addressed as and when the need arises. The section should also be ready to respond to issues of Project Management that the other Division might require. Below is the job description of this position:
Planning, coordinating, directing and assisting to manage existing Projects/Surveys with respect to the Field Operations and Logistics and overall project management are handled by this section.
- Regional & District Statistics Offices
This section is fundamentally established to assist the Directorate in managing the operations of Stats SL in the regions and districts where the organization is relentless working to maximum its footprints. The core function of Stats SL regional and districts offices is to reach out to the communities including local councils, development partners, NGOs and other government organizations to support their statistical needs.
- Transport and Stores
Stats SL Transport section manages the organization’s fleet portfolio which includes vehicles, motors bike and boats. The major role of the Transport section includes among other things identification of the transports needs of the institution and ensures timely maintenance of its fleets. Supporting the overall operations of the institution in terms of fuel supplies is also a very critical component of the section’s function.
The Stores section provides safe custody for all operational materials, tools and items that the organization procures for the smooth running of its operations. The Stores section is tasked to keep track of inventories in stores and ensures timely replenishment of all supplies needed by the institution.