The office of the Deputy Statistician General assists the Statistician General with the following:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations, which can include assigning tasks, leading meetings and implementing initiatives handed down by the Statistician General.
- Supervise all Directorates as well as Regional and District Offices.
- Act as coach and cheerleader in motivating staff to meet Stats SL aims and objectives.
- Oversee the Planning, development, implementation of Stats SL initiatives and projects.
- Analyze and implement policies and procedures, oversee short- and long-term business plans and initiatives and help in budgeting activities.
- Track key projects, present reports to the Statistician General and ensure that Stats SL relevant regulations and guidelines are adhered to.
- Respond to and resolve internal and external grievances.
- Assist the Statistician General with Stats SL Council deliberations in policy alignment.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Statistician General.